Essex-Kent Area of Narcotics Anonymous

Tradition Eight – Questions for Members

Home »  Tradition Eight – Questions for Members

Home Forums NA Traditions for Members Tradition Eight – Questions for Members

Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  admin 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

Questions for Members

The questions below offer a way to begin—or continue—the process of writing, reflection,
    and discussion of this Tradition with your sponsor or other NA members.
    In NA
    1. What is the difference between a professional and nonprofessional approach to
    recovery? How does our commitment to remaining nonprofessional protect the
    therapeutic value we find in NA?
    2. How did I first experience the nonprofessional nature of Narcotics Anonymous? How do I
    practice it?
    3. Do I have personal interaction with special workers? What has that taught me about NA?
    4. Do I treat my service work as a career? Do I ever act as if my service in NA affects my
    value as a member?
    5. What are the healthy boundaries between my work life and my membership in NA? How
    do I keep the focus on recovery rather than my job?
    6. Does my work or other expertise come into the rooms in some way? Do I try to gain
    authority, power, or position in NA based on my profession or other expertise?
    7. How does this Tradition help me understand anonymity? How does anonymity help me
    understand this Tradition? How do I practice anonymity in terms of this Tradition?
    8. Describe any bridges between this Tradition and one or more of the Twelve Steps. What
    do these bridges teach me about my recovery?
    9. What more can I do to put the principles of this Tradition into action? How would
    applying this Tradition change my attitudes and actions?
    In All Our Affairs
    10. How have I applied this Tradition outside NA? How else might the principles of this
    Tradition guide my thinking or my actions?
    11. Are there other areas in my life where my work life needs to be separated from my other
    interests? How do I practice that?
    12. When do I need to call on professionals to help me in my life or work? How do I make the
    decision to hire someone to perform a task or solve a problem?
    13. Do I try to do things myself that I really should turn over to a professional? Do I want
    other people to do things for me that I could or should do myself? What factors do I
    consider when making a decision?
    14. Do I try to gain authority, power, or position in my professional life based on my
    membership in NA?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.