Essex-Kent Area of Narcotics Anonymous

Tradition Eleven – Questions for Members

Home »  Tradition Eleven – Questions for Members

Home Forums NA Traditions for Members Tradition Eleven – Questions for Members

Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  admin 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

Questions for Members

The questions below offer a way to begin—or continue—the process of writing, reflection,
    and discussion of this Tradition with your sponsor or other NA members.
    In NA
    1. What role did attraction or promotion play in how I found NA? How does this shape my
    actions or attitudes as a member?
    2. Under what circumstances might the public view me as a representative of NA? Does my
    anonymity need protection in relationships with the public that do not involve press,
    radio, or films?
    3. How do I recognize when it’s important or necessary to maintain my anonymity? How do
    I maintain personal anonymity at the level of press, radio, film, and other public media?
    4. Under what circumstances do I protect my anonymity? Under what circumstances am I
    open about my membership in NA? How do I decide what’s right for me and for NA?
    5. Do I ever want to share about addiction or recovery in public? Have there been times
    when I have tried to promote NA on a public level? How can I talk about addiction or
    recovery while maintaining my personal anonymity?
    6. When have I compromised someone else’s anonymity? When has my anonymity been
    compromised, and what were the consequences? What could we have done differently?
    How can I respond in situations where that’s a possibility?
    7. How does our relationship to anonymity change after death? Do our departed members
    still merit personal anonymity? How do we honor them without compromising that
    principle for them or for NA?
    8. How does this Tradition help me understand anonymity? How does anonymity help me
    understand this Tradition? How do I practice anonymity in terms of this Tradition?
    9. Describe any bridges between this Tradition and one or more of the Twelve Steps. What
    do these bridges teach me about my recovery?
    10. What more can I do to put the principles of this Tradition into action? How would
    applying this Tradition change my attitudes and actions?
    In All Our Affairs
    11. How have I applied this Tradition outside NA? How else might the principles of this
    Tradition guide my thinking or my actions?
    12. In my day‐to‐day life, how can I serve as an attractive example of NA recovery? In what
    ways might my actions be unattractive?
    13. Under what circumstances would I reveal my NA membership? What are some
    differences in the way I practice anonymity with family, friends, coworkers, at school,
    and elsewhere?
    14. Are there any friends or family members to whom I’ve wanted or tried to promote NA?
    What were the results? What is the difference between attraction and promotion in
    those situations?
    15. What does the phrase “responsible, productive member of society” mean to me? How do
    I view my personal reputation?
    16. Are there other areas of my life in which anonymity might be important? How do I
    maintain my anonymity in those situations?
    17. Do I need to practice attraction or promotion with any other clubs or organizations I’m
    involved with? Does the practice of Tradition Eleven in NA teach me anything that could
    be useful in understanding membership in other groups?
    18. Does maintaining my personal anonymity ever make it feel like I’m living a double life?
    Am I sometimes overly public about my membership in NA? How do I maintain personal
    anonymity and personal integrity at the same time?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.