Essex-Kent Area of Narcotics Anonymous

Tradition One – Questions for Members

Home »  Tradition One – Questions for Members

Home Forums NA Traditions for Members Tradition One – Questions for Members

Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  admin 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

Questions for Members

The questions below offer a way to begin—or continue—the process of writing, reflection,
    and discussion of this Tradition with your sponsor or other NA members.
    In NA
    1. What does NA unity mean to me? How does my personal recovery depend on it?
    2. Do my actions match my beliefs about unity? How do I contribute to unity or disunity?
    3. How does anonymity contribute to unity? How does practicing unity help me to place
    principles before personalities?
    4. What additional actions might I take to foster unity in personal recovery, in service, and
    in social settings?
    5. How do I place our common welfare first? How do I demonstrate a commitment to this?
    Where do I have room to grow?
    6. What are my responsibilities as a member of Narcotics Anonymous? Do those
    responsibilities change over time?
    7. How do I show my gratitude? Have I reached out to another addict today?
    8. How can I sense when my heart is open or closed to newcomers? What can I do better
    to help still‐suffering addicts?
    9. Do my opinions about fellow members separate me—or them—from the group?
    10. How am I of service to NA? What types of service work am I most comfortable doing?
    What service would I like to take on?
    11. How does this Tradition help me understand anonymity? How does anonymity help me
    understand this Tradition? How do I practice anonymity in terms of this Tradition?
    12. Describe any bridges between this Tradition and one or more of the Twelve Steps. What
    do these bridges teach me about my recovery?
    13. What more can I do to put the principles of this Tradition into action? How would
    applying this Tradition change my attitudes and actions?
    In All Our Affairs
    14. How have I applied this Tradition outside NA? How else might the principles of this
    Tradition guide my thinking or my actions?
    15. Outside of NA, what are some places where I share common welfare with others? At
    work, with family, in my local or spiritual community? Where else? List those
    relationships and describe. How can or do I place common welfare first?
    16. How does feeling accepted influence my attitudes and actions?
    17. How does practicing acceptance and tolerance affect my attitudes and actions?
    18. How can I seek unity in my relationships? What would change about my attitude, my
    actions, my beliefs?
    19. In what other areas of my life might this Tradition be useful? What other opportunities
    are there for me to seek unity?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.