Essex-Kent Area of Narcotics Anonymous

Tradition Seven – Questions for Members

Home »  Tradition Seven – Questions for Members

Home Forums NA Traditions for Members Tradition Seven – Questions for Members

Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  admin 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

Questions for Members

The questions below offer a way to begin—or continue—the process of writing, reflection,
    and discussion of this Tradition with your sponsor or other NA members.
    In NA
    1. How do I contribute to the well‐being of the groups I attend? How else do I contribute to
    NA? How has this changed since I first came to NA?
    2. Do I do my part to help NA remain self‐supporting? What is the relationship between my
    gratitude and my contributions? What are some additional ways I could express my
    gratitude?
    3. How do I decide how much money to contribute to NA? Do I plan ahead, budget, or give
    the same amount every time? Do I contribute at every meeting? Do I give in other ways?
    4. How do my contributions compare to what I gave in my first year? Do I give more or less
    than I did when I attended more meetings? Do I give as much as the newcomers around
    me?
    5. How do I know when I’m giving too much or too little? What’s the right level of
    contribution of time and money for me right now?
    6. What expectations do I have about how the money I put in the basket is spent? How do I
    find out about or have a say in those decisions?
    7. What do I do when I am concerned about financial practices in NA? Do I ever act as if the
    amount of my contributions affects the importance of what I have to say?
    8. How does this Tradition help me understand anonymity? How does anonymity help me
    understand this Tradition? How do I practice anonymity in terms of this Tradition?
    9. Describe some of the bridges between this Tradition and one or more of the Twelve
    Steps. What do these bridges teach me about my recovery?
    10. What more can I do to put the principles of this Tradition into action? How would
    applying this Tradition change my attitudes and actions?
    In All Our Affairs
    11. How have I applied this Tradition outside NA? How else might the principles of this
    Tradition guide my thinking or my actions?
    12. What has being a member of a self‐supporting group taught me about self‐support in
    other areas of my life? What does Tradition Seven teach me about living in society?
    13. What does it mean for me to be self‐supporting? What are some aspects of self‐support
    beyond money? What are some spiritual or emotional benefits of self‐support?
    14. What does it mean to be self‐supporting in my relationships or in other areas of my life?
    15. How do I balance self‐support with and the need to sometimes accept help from others?
    What is the difference between self‐support and self‐reliance?
    16. How does my application of Tradition Seven affect the way I live today?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.