adminKeymasterSeptember 1, 2018 at 11:28 pmPost count: 36
The questions below offer a way to begin—or continue—a service discussion or workshop
focused on this Tradition.
- What does self‐support mean for service bodies? What are the limits of self‐support for
service boards and committees?
- Do our committees have the people, training, money, or other support that they need to
carry out their work? How do we support those who serve us?
- To what extent does this service body rely on funds other than group contributions to
pay for our services? Have we experienced challenges related to fundraising? What
potential challenges might we guard against?
- What are our practices regarding activities or events that bring in money? What policies,
guidelines, or general “do’s” and “don’ts” do we follow?
- Are our service priorities reflected in how we use our resources? How does our service
body set priorities? Who do we involve in those conversations?
- Do we communicate with those we serve in ways that are understandable and open? Are
our accounting and accountability practices simple and transparent?
- How do we set and evaluate our prudent reserve? Have we ever made use of it? What
purpose does it serve in this service body? What is the difference between prudence and
- Do we have ways to prevent and/or address theft, misappropriation, and financial
mismanagement? How do we protect our members and our resources at the same time?
Does stealing disqualify someone from membership?
- How do we determine whether it’s appropriate for us to accept nonprofit discounts,
room‐block rebates, bulk‐order discounts, or other incentive programs?
- How does this Tradition help us understand anonymity? How does anonymity help us
understand this Tradition? How do we practice anonymity in terms of this Tradition?
- Discuss any bridges between this Tradition and one or more of the Twelve Concepts.
What do these bridges teach us about our service efforts?
- What more can we do to bring the principles of this Tradition into our service efforts?
What could we do differently to better carry out our services?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.