Essex-Kent Area of Narcotics Anonymous

Tradition Six – Questions for Members

Home »  Tradition Six – Questions for Members

Home Forums NA Traditions for Members Tradition Six – Questions for Members

Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  admin 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

Questions for Members

The questions below offer a way to begin—or continue—the process of writing, reflection,
    and discussion of this Tradition with your sponsor or other NA members.
    In NA
    1. What is my part in practicing the Sixth Tradition? What’s my responsibility as a group
    member to help keep the group from being diverted?
    2. How do my sharing and my actions help to clarify the distinction between NA and other
    organizations, facilities, and so on?
    3. How does my understanding of Tradition Six influence how I share? How do I share
    truthfully about my experience in a way that doesn’t seem to imply endorsement?
    4. What types of “prestige” have I encountered or experienced as an NA member? How can
    prestige divert me from the NA message? How do I share about the blessings of recovery
    while keeping the focus on our message?
    5. Do I get distracted or diverted by my judgments of others? How does my desire to judge
    or enforce this tradition challenge unity or our message? How does listening for our
    message allow me to set aside distracting details?
    6. Have I allowed myself to become diverted by money, property, or prestige in my
    personal affairs or in the course of my NA service? If so, what were the results?
    7. Do I use my job, personal accomplishments, or service commitments to try to have more
    credibility or authority in NA meetings or in service?
    8. Do I use my professional skills to serve NA or to set me apart? How can I maintain clarity
    in terms of how my professional relationships affect my NA membership? How do I keep
    my involvements in outside organizations separate from involvement in NA?
    9. What examples have I seen of this Tradition helping us to carry the message? What
    freedom does our integrity afford me?
    10. How does this Tradition help me understand anonymity? How does anonymity help me
    understand this Tradition? How do I practice anonymity in terms of this Tradition?
    11. Describe any bridges between this Tradition and one or more of the Twelve Steps. What
    do these bridges teach me about my recovery?
    12. What more can I do to put the principles of this Tradition into action? How would
    applying this Tradition change my attitudes and actions?
    In All Our Affairs
    13. How have I applied this Tradition outside NA? How else might the principles of this
    Tradition guide my thinking or my actions?
    14. How does the Sixth Tradition help bring clarity to my decision making? What really
    matters to me? How do I stay focused on that? How do I align my priorities according to
    my own sense of purpose?
    15. When am I most likely to compromise my values in trying to reach a goal? What are some
    ways I justify or rationalize those compromises? What are the consequences?
    16. Where else do I find spiritual help or support? How do I reconcile my membership in NA
    with the other affiliations I might have? Can I keep my message clear from one place to
    another without being phony, or holding part of myself back?
    17. What do I notice about my thoughts, feelings, or actions when I am getting confused or
    diverted?
    18. What freedom does integrity afford me?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.