Essex-Kent Area of Narcotics Anonymous

Tradition Ten – Questions for Members

Home »  Tradition Ten – Questions for Members

Home Forums NA Traditions for Members Tradition Ten – Questions for Members

Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  admin 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

Questions for Members

The questions below offer a way to begin—or continue—the process of writing, reflection,
    and discussion of this Tradition with your sponsor or other NA members.
    In NA
    1. What issues does NA have an opinion on? What do I understand NA’s opinion to be?
    What is the difference between sharing my opinion and sharing my experience?
    2. What are some ways my opinions on outside issues affect my participation in NA? Do
    those beliefs affect the ways I sponsor, or participate in events? How do I balance strong
    opinions with the need to carry a clear message?
    3. What would constitute an “outside issue” for NA? When I’m affected by such an issue,
    how can I share about it in a way that honors Tradition Ten? Have outside issues ever
    created conflict or disunity for me inside the rooms?
    4. Have I had disagreements with other NA members about issues that seem to be
    affecting NA? What is the difference between public controversy and internal debate?
    How do I keep my opinions from reflecting on NA as whole?
    5. When does controversy within the Fellowship start to feel like public controversy? What
    do I do when disagreements within NA feel intense or unsolvable? How do I avoid
    judgment and isolation?
    6. Do I use my NA membership to gain credibility or authority in debates on outside issues?
    How can I avoid entangling the NA name in controversy, especially in my use of social
    media?
    7. How does this Tradition help me understand anonymity? How does anonymity help me
    understand this Tradition? How do I practice anonymity in terms of this Tradition?
    8. Describe any bridges between this Tradition and one or more of the Twelve Steps. What
    do these bridges teach me about my recovery?
    9. What more can I do to put the principles of this Tradition into action? How would
    applying this Tradition change my attitudes and actions?
    In All Our Affairs
    10. How have I applied this Tradition outside NA? How else might the principles of this
    Tradition guide my thinking or my actions?
    11. What constitutes inside issues in other areas of my life? How do I determine which issues
    are and are not relevant in various areas of my life?
    12. What value is there for me in setting aside controversial matters in my workplace, family,
    or elsewhere?
    13. When have I taken a position on a subject I meant to stay neutral on? What drew me into
    controversy in that situation? Are there particular kinds of situations in which it’s hard for
    me to remain neutral?
    14. When have issues that seemed unimportant spiraled into conflict? What do those
    situations, in and out of NA, have in common?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.